Meeqats are prescribed stations for assuming the state of Ihram as set for Muslims by Prophet Mohammed (pbuh) on all the four sides of Makkah. There are separate places of Ihram stations for Umrah/Hajj for people travelling from different parts of the world. These locations of Meeqat for Umrah /Hajj are as follows:
1. Al- Juhfah or Rabegh (For the people coming from Egypt, Syria, or the West)
2. Dhul-Hulaifah or Abyar Ali (For the people coming from Madinah)
3. Dhatul-Irq (For the people coming from Iraq)
4. Qarn-Al-Manazel (For the people coming from Najd and Taif)
5. Yalumlum (For the people coming from India, Pakistan and Yemen by Sea)
For pilgrims traveling by Air: From UK/ Europe:
Pilgrims traveling by air are required to wear Ihram before reaching the Meeqat, but they should make the intention (Niyyah) and call out "Talbiyah" only upon reaching the Meeqat following the announcement. (Saudi Airlines announce about Meeqat). If travelling by other airline, Meeqat zone comes approximately one hour before arrival at Jeddah Airport.
Note: It is not permissible for pilgrims to pass through these Meeqat places for Umrah/Hajj without donning Ihram irrespective of their mode of transportation; Road, Air or Sea.